Your new organisation
Bursting with culture, innovation, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family, start a business and work. We are an award winning Council, winner of the Municipal Journal local authority of the year 2019.
We have ambitious and bold plans to improve our housing service delivery and have re-designed our Operations teams to deliver.
Our transformed Housing Assets Service is seeking a number of applicants for the following Key posts to help make our ambitions a reality.
Your new role
Responsible for leading on the development and delivery of multiple, complex long-term housing refurbishment scheme from inception to completion within time, cost and quality targets.
Responsible for project managing the transition phase (mobilisation / demobilisation) of key service providers for R&M and planned works.
You will be a customer focused, resident facing project manager who has previous experience working on large planned works schemes, new homes, loft conversions and large heating programmes. You will be enthusiastic and an excellent communicator who can confidently coordinate works across multiple contractors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level in a related field and/or suitable Project / construction management qualification commensurate with the post and/or significant relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a Project management environment in a managerial capacity commensurate with the post.
- Experience of operating in a commercial property and or construction environment
- Experience of managing housing, commercial and retail construction projects
- Experience of Lean, ISO9000 and/or similar quality standards
- Understanding of and ability to use SAP, MS Project, Property and GIS databases, Northgate with training provided and be familiar with CRM and other marketed solutions
- Substantial experience of directly managing contracts and projects within a wide range of disciplines, liaising where appropriate with staff at all levels in order to accomplish satisfactory results
When looking for applicants we are keen to hear from all candidates who fit the Role profile criteria, however the Council is particularly keen to encourage and improve diversity. This is because we recognise that what people bring through their personal experiences, background and identity significantly enhances to the Council’s ability to deliver services to our residents.
Therefore applicants who are women and applicants from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds are encouraged.
The Council is also a Disability Confident employer where those candidates declaring a disability, meeting the minimum criteria for the role, will be shortlisted for interview. Details are available within the application process
What you'll get in return
PO6 Payscale + local authority benefits package and flexible working options available
What you need to do now
This vacancy is being exclusively managed by Diana Amalinei from Hays Recruitment. If you need any further information regarding the post, please reach out to her on 02072598811.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.