- Experienced Building Surveyor
- Up to £50,000 + City parking permit + progression + full package (see below)
- Private Practice
- Brighton, East Sussex
Are you an experienced Building Surveyor with a broad range of experience and the drive to progress your career? This established private practice is searching for an experienced and ambitious Experienced Building Surveyor (5+ years') to join their growing team in central Brighton.
This Chartered Surveying practice covers a broad range of work across a number of industry sectors with clients of all types, including; managing agents, local authorities, NHS Trusts, schools, insurers, private property owners and other property professionals.
Workload is predominantly in the Brighton and Hove area, extending across the South Coast in the direction of Worthing, Eastbourne and inland Sussex and occasionally further afield to include London and the Home Counties. Reporting to the senior management team, you will be an integral part of the company's future growth but directly influence colleague engagement and fulfilment and thereby increase productivity and client satisfaction.
Now recruiting for an Experienced Building Surveyor, they are happy to offer an active role across the company, giving the successful applicant the opportunity to help develop the team and be part of shaping the direction of the company. They are also keen to demonstrate that this is a genuine progression opportunity, with unlimited and visible progression right through to Director level.
Person Specification: Experienced Building Surveyor
- Qualified to degree level or equivilent in Building Surveying or related subject
- Minimum 5+ years practical experience
- Broad experience across residential and commercial Building Surveying
- Experience with CAD and some design capabbility
- Desire to become Chartered
- You will be ambitious, dynamic and have excellent communication skills at all levels
Roles & Responsibilities: Experienced Building Surveyor
Working predominantly in the Brighton and Hove area you will also work on instructions across Worthing, Eastbourne and inland Sussex. Occasionally extending further afield to include London and the Home Counties, you will work across the commercial and residential sectors on both professional and project instructions, including the following: –
- Preparation of Condition Surveys and Specifications of Works
- Building pathology inspections and reports
- Submitting of applications for listed building consent, planning approval and building regulation approval.
- Professional work including; Party Wall Awards, Schedule of Dilapidations, Building Surveys
- Preparation of costed planned preventative maintenance schedules
- Being responsible for the Supervision of Works and acting as the Contract Administrator and Principal Designer
- Certifying the payment of monies to contractors for completed works
- Issuing relevant Legal Notices including lessee consultation procedures relating to proposed works and dealing with enquiries raised
- Preparation of Reinstatement Cost Assessment Valuations and liaising with the insurers accordingly
- Dealing with general day-to-day correspondence and telephone calls
- Maintaining property and tenant/lessee/client records on the office system
- To be responsible for some Building Surveying work in connection with Property Management
- To form contacts and links to other fields of work, or a passion to work towards, bringing in new business.
- Reporting – report to senior management team regularly regarding any issues or concerns.
Salary & Package: Experienced Building Surveyor
Our client is happy to offer a salary of up to £50,000 dependant on background and experience, plus a package as follows: -
- Progression all the way through to Director
- Brighton 'Trader’s Parking Permit’ which allows for free parking anywhere in Brighton & Hove
- RICS subscriptions
- Business mileage
- 25 days annual leave
- CPD/training/APC support
- employee recognition/reward scheme
- team building events
- cycle to work scheme
- free eye test voucher
- Employee Assistance
- community activities
APPLY : Experienced Building Surveyor
To discuss your options in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.
Experienced Building Surveyor – Jobs from HD Surveyors