Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, defence, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech's Cost Consultancy team provides clients with high quality, high value cost advisory services on a wide range of exciting projects. Due to continued success within the practice we are looking to further increase our capacity and capability with the appointment of a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with experience in a range of sectors and excellent client satisfaction skills.
Based in our Edinburgh office this is an opportunity to develop your career in one of the world’s most forward-looking consultancy businesses, helping us to ensure that we remain market leaders in the delivery of first-class construction consultancy in our chosen markets.
You will be a senior member of our Edinburgh-based cost consultancy team working closely with colleagues across our regional office network, forging strong working relationships internally, and externally becoming a trusted advisor to our clients. You will be involved in a large portfolio of exciting development opportunities across both the private and public sectors, small scale to in excess of £100m and from feasibility stage through to completion you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and as part of a wider thriving team. Our professional development programme will help you to enhance your existing skill set and ensure your role and responsibilities remain diverse.
You will be given opportunities to become involved in business development for our cost management and multi-disciplinary teams and will be supported in developing your client contacts and opportunities.
Experience of pre- and post-contract consultant cost management is essential. Sector experience in the residential and/or defence markets would be advantageous as would experience of using digital estimating tools, advanced Excel and/or Power BI skills.
- Full membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Able to deliver a professional quantity surveying and employer's agent service for complex projects focused on client satisfaction at all levels
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity and confidence to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in delivering, guiding and developing quantity surveying and employer's agent best practice and innovation
- Able to provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern management techniques to prepare and present complex Project Cost Plans and deliver our projects successfully
- Experience working on major projects with a demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery
- Experience managing both internal and external project teams
- A strategic thinker, able to convey ideas both verbally and in report form to clients, external stakeholders and the design team
- Able to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities
- Experience in managing a team and individuals.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please click the apply button.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
We are always very happy to discuss flexible working, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.