Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join a leading Construction Consultancy in Hampshire.
The business are a market leading multi discipline construction consultancy that operate across a range of sectors and clients. Their regional Hampshire based office provides Project, Cost and Building Surveying services across the region, from both a local and national client base. Due to a significant increase in workloads, the office's regional Building Surveying Team are looking to expand and, as such, appoint an additional Senior Building Surveyor compliment it's existing set up.
Your new role
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you will be responsible delivering a range of Building Consultancy services and construction projects. Your role will be varied, dealing with client across the public and private sector, gaining exposure to an even blend of technical surveying and project delivery workloads.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Write building specifications and undertake contract administration / Employer's Agent duties
- Project Management of a range of PPM, refurbishment, fit-out and alteration construction projects
- Manage building contracts, tender processes and appointment of contractors
- Undertake surveys, produce PPM schedules, and provide dilapidation and party wall advice
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to ensure service delivery meets expectations
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- Significant experience of working in a similar Building Surveying role, preferably from within a consultancy environment
- Strong experience of delivering a range construction projects and undertaking technical surveying advice
- Proven abilities acting as a Contract Administrator / Employer's Agent
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of building contract forms i.e JCT / NEC
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.