Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Acquisition and Development Surveyor to join a leading retailer based in Hampshire.
The business are a leading retail brand that has seen significant growth within the industry, as the business continues to expand and become a market leader in it's field. At the centre of this expansion is the business' property portfolio, which is supported my a highly motivated team of property professionals, who are responsible for identifying new sites and managing the existing assets.
Due to an ever increasing pipeline of work, the property team are now looking to appoint an additional Acquisitions and Development Surveyor in to it's Southern Region. The role will be centred around the business' Hampshire based office, with an expectation to split your time between field, office and home based working.
Your new role
As an Acquisition and Development Surveyor, you will be initially responsible for the identification, purchase and development management of store re-location sites. This will encompass the full-cycle process from land acquisitions and viability, contract negotiations, planning, development management, and the closure and disposal of the redundant store locations.
Specific responsibilities may include -
- Identification, appraisal and acquisition of development land for new store re-locations
- Negotiation of contracts with land owners, property agents and developers
- Assessment, submission and management of planning approvals
- End-to-end development management of new sites, working with in-house construction teams, contractors, solicitors and other third parties.
- Attending site visits of prospective development land
- Closure, marketing and disposal of redundant store locations
- Liaise closely with other members of the regional property teams, whilst reporting on progress of accountable sites.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified, preferred
- Ideally, hold a relevant degree within a property discipline
- Strong experience of identifying, negotiating and acquiring land for new commercial developments, desirably within the roadside retail / industrial park sectors.
- Strong experience of managing the end-to-end property development and planning cycle.
- Ideally have sound knowledge of the South Coast property market
- Be a highly-driven and self-motivated professional
- Excellent communication, negotiation and time management skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.