Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Property Manager to join an independent firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Bournemouth, with some flexible working available.
The business are a well respected firm known for providing a range of professional property consultancy advice across the Dorset area. Among these services is their Property Management department, who are responsible for managing a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential property on behalf of private investors and family trusts. It is here that, due to an increase in workload, the business is looking to appoint an additional Property Manager to compliment their existing team.
Your new role
As a Property Manager, you will work along side an existing team to collaboratively manage a portfolio of properties on behalf of clients. The portfolio holds a mixture of property types, including retail units, offices, industrial parks and residential leasehold blocks and buy-to-lets. With these, you will ensure that an efficient and professional property management service is provided to achieve the best return of income for the clients.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Day-to-day property management of a portfolio of commercial and residential properties
- Managing and collecting rents and processing payments
- Calculating, setting up and administering annual service charge
- Reading leases to ascertain repairing responsibilities and seek approvals from landlords
- Liaise with tenants and contractors regarding maintenance, licences and alteration requests
- Manage tenants in and out of properties and negotiate on tenancy renewals
- Undertake property inspections and identify repairs required
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience as Property Manager, dealing with commercial or residential block property
- Knowledge of property compliance, service charge and interpreting leases
- Experience of dealing with landlords, tenants and third party contractors
- Sound knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation
- Strong organisational, financial and interpersonal skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.