Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We’re looking for an ambitious individual who can drive change and likes a challenge. You need to be resilient, a problem solver and someone who can take a step back from the day-to-day and deliver projects with multi-technical business workstreams.
Working in live and complex environments you’ll lead project teams, helping mitigate risks and identifying problems and appropriate solutions to enable efficient delivery. Your role will be key to delivering a successful programme of works across large estates at pace, excellent communication skills and strategic planning are therefore essential characteristics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next challenge and brings with them a level of technical expertise and leadership to share with others. You’ll work alongside some of our most talented individuals in a growing and sociable team. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support, high degree of flexibility and the opportunity to further develop your career.
We are looking for a collaborative, solution focussed and sharp minded project manager to:
- Effectively deliver Project Management services across the public sector, including; custodial estate, central government buildings, courts, offices and other civic buildings.
- Prepare and write business cases to support our client’s growing portfolio
- Lead a delivery team across multi-faceted projects at pace
- Support Account Managers in monthly reporting requirements and weekly updates to the client
- Support and in some instances lead bid activity, including writing of proposals and other business development activities
- Effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders, working with them to ensure effective buy-in to enable smooth delivery of projects.
- Use of initiative to help provide solutions to project issues quickly, help mitigate risks and potential delays to projects
- Support Account Managers with additional client requests for support outside of main programme
- Help prepare fee proposals and manage resourcing requirements on smaller projects
- Be a strong team member with the ability to provide a first-class service to our clients
To join us you’ll need:
- Experience of successful project delivery in a complex and/or live environments to achieve quality outcomes
- Security clearance to level BPSS (can be obtained on joining the business)
- Experience of identifying, managing and supporting multiple stakeholders to enable effective delivery of a successful project or programme
- Ability to proactively manage sub consultants and contractors to enable transparent and quality delivery
- Experience of implementing and managing change control on multiple projects, including design and build construction projects and strategic projects
- A relevant construction qualification or Prince2 and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institution e.g. APM or RICS
- To be conversant with all aspects of project management and have experience of both pre and post contract project responsibilities
- The ability to effectively chair, contribute to and minute meetings
- The ability to identify and proactively manage risks and opportunities at all project stages
- Excellent stakeholder and organisational skills; arranging, and accurately recording project meetings as well as the control of project documentation
- To be comfortable working independently (with senior support) whilst being pro-active and undertaking the relevant next steps in order to keep the project on track.
- Experience of undertaking options appraisals and the ability to concisely report your analysis back to the client and to inform business cases
- Experience of writing business cases
- Experience of administering PPC 2000, JCT and/or NEC Construction and Professional Services contracts.
- Experience of successfully delivering projects for central government clients
- Experience and knowledge of custodial and non-custodial estate with a clear understanding of the key associated challenges
- Experience of working with public sector clients
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Experience of project management services through all stages of the project life-cycle
- A general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- An excellent work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to be agile and work under pressure
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to have achieved to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
- The ability to identify and develop further opportunities to grow the business would be an advantage.
- Resilient attitude with the ability to work in challenging and complex environments
- Ability to work as an integral member of a wider team to deliver a quality service
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.