A growing consultancy practice are seeking an experienced Senior Employers Agent to manage an exciting range of residential, healthcare and mixed-use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2m-£100m+, within London and the Home Counties.
As an Employers Agent you will be capable of managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team.
· Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
· Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
· The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled.
- Have a thorough understanding of the upcoming Building Safety Bill
As Employer's Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the projects you will have
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- The ability to chair meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
- Undertake all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- The ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts.
- The ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Requirements: (qualifications, Experience, Skills, Qualities)
- University degree in Project Management, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or a similar construction related subject.
- Must have a senior level of post qualification experience as an Employer's Agent combined with PM/QS/BS background RICS qualified, or similar, e.g., CIOB, MAPM.
- Experience in residential development and/or commercial development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients, and the wider team in a professional manner.
- Able to work within a team.
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve.
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities.
A desire to coach/manage junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.