Hays Property & Surveying are seeking an Estate Surveyor to join the in-house property team of a leading independently owned Estates Agency group based in West Sussex. The role will be focused on their corporate property portfolio, which will require flexible travel across the South East Region.
The company is a regionally leading and independently owned Estate Agency group that is widely recognised via it's different trading brands across the South East of England. The group holds a significant property portfolio of trading and investment assets, that is supported by a close knit in-house team responsible for it's management and upkeep. It is here that the business has a brand new opportunity for an experienced Chartered Estates Surveyor to join them.
Your new role
As the Estates Surveyor, you will be responsible for the day -to-day management of the property portfolio, ensuring that a professional and efficient service is provided, to allow the trading business to perform at it's maximum potential. This will include being an in-house adviser to the wider business on property matters and leading on a range of projects within the portfolio.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Property Asset Management of a portfolio of trading and investment properties
- Undertaking lease renewals, rent reviews and lease re-gears
- Advising the business on all landlord and tenant matters
- Negotiating and agreeing new leases with solicitors and third party agents
- Undertaking property inspections and assessing building conditions
- Ensure H&S, property compliance and property records are maintained to the correct standard
- Instructing third party consultants on matters such business rates and external valuation advice
- Overseeing and managing planned maintenance works
- Lead on specific property projects, such as refurbishment programmes
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified preferred, with a minimum 3 years+ PQE
- A relevant degree in property
- Experience of managing a portfolio of properties and undertaking a range of general practice surveying work
- Strong knowledge of landlord and tenant matters, including lease renewals and rent reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills, a proactive nature and high levels of commercial acumen
- Willing to travel across the South East of England
What you'll get in return
- Up to £50,000 basic salary DOE
- Company Car Allowance
- 25 days Annual Leave + BH
- Healthcare and Life Assurance
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property & Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.