Barnsley Council have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and committed Commercial Property Manager to join our team. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £39,880 - £42,821 per annum.
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council is an impressive Council with a renewed strong sense of direction. The Council is embarking upon an unprecedented level of regeneration which is seeking to deliver real and substantial improvements to the quality of life of its residents.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Commercial Property Manager, with full Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, whom is willing to take on varied and challenging tasks. Working as part of the management team, you will support the Group Leader Estates in the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Objectives through the Asset Management Plan and other Corporate Plans and Strategies.
You will be required to have the management and supervisory responsibility for a small team of professional staff. You will ensure the best commercial return is obtained from the commercial income generating portfolio considering employment creation and regeneration initiatives and deal with all contractual events, manage revenue, service charges and debt recovery.
This will involve the new Glassworks shopping centre retail units as well as the commercial business units and our heritage estate.
As one of our Commercial Property Manager you will:
- Implement and champion, through personal behaviour and staff development, our Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Information Security Policies.
- Promote and ensure participation in our IIP and training initiatives, information governance initiatives and information management best practice.
- Manage the asset management function so that the team and the services provided are responsive to customer requirements, are accessible and provides value for money, whilst at all times abiding by the RICS Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to formulating, monitoring and controlling the annual business plans and budgets for the function so that there are clear priorities and appropriate resources are allocated to their achievement.
- Prepare, monitor and control the service budget to ensure that expenditure is in line with the agreed service plan.
- Work actively as a member of the Business Unit Management Team to contribute to the management and strategy of the Unit through customer delivery, staff support and motivation, quality assurance and governance.
- To identify and implement change to process and methods of working to reduce operating costs to the organisation and embed lean management policies and procedures for managing land and property assets.
Qualifications and experience you’ll need to become our Commercial Property Manager:
- Full Member or Fellowship of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – General Practice and Valuation.
- Willingness to undertake the Councils internal leadership programme.
- Substantial experience, some at a senior level, in the Property Valuation and Asset Management field.
- Substantial experience of undertaking property valuations for capital accounting purposes including IFRS requirements.
- Substantial / practical experience and demonstrable success of managing a diverse property portfolio, undertaking strategic. property reviews / carrying out lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals and operational disposals.
- Experience of applying commercial acumen to property issues.
Skills we’re looking for in our Commercial Property Manager:
- Good leadership, organisation and management skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to analysis and report on performance issues both internally and partnership related.
- Ability to manage a diverse range of property issues with conflicting priorities, ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data and written material easily and in variety of forms and situations.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Must be able to work effectively under demanding conditions.
We offer a great work life balance including flexible working as well as the option to work alongside a team willing challenge the norm to deliver a better outcome.
Closing date: 2nd July 2021
If you believe you have the skills and experience to become our Commercial Property Manager, apply now we would love to hear from you!