Park Avenue are currently looking for an experienced Estates Manager to work with one of our Local Authority clients in Kent.
The position will be based around assisting the Corporate Property Manager in delivering all estates functions in connection to the Councils land and property holdings.
Duties in the role
- To be responsible for, and provide advice on, estate management matters relating to the Council's land and property holdings to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- To carry out allocated rent reviews and lease renewals to maximise income and obtain best value.
- Oversee and ensure that all rents, service charges, insurance and other payments are correctly demanded, paid, and collected when due, including enforcement when necessary.
- Oversee and ensure the relevant systems and documentation are correctly updated for land ownership and tenancies when required.
- Undertake inspections and ensure landlords' and tenants' compliance with lease obligations.
- Instruct the lettings of premises to new tenants, including marketing, negotiating, and agreeing heads of terms, preparation of reports and instructing solicitors.
- To procure and contract manage appropriate external contractors to maximise outcomes from these services.
What you need
- Professional member of RICS.
- Educated to RICS accredited degree level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Proven significant commercial property management experience.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Landlord and Tenant matters, including relating legislation.
The position will be for an initial 3 month contract and there has already been indication that an extension is possible.
The role will be completely remote based with visits to the office when the work requires it.
The contract will run off a 37 hour week.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in