Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
As a member of the asset management team, you will be responsible for liaising with clients and facilities contractors in a role with wide ranging responsibilities and scope for development. Having a strong building services engineering background, either as a tradesperson or through an M&E design/facilities management career, you will have a good working knowledge of engineering plant, equipment and an understanding of applicable building services standards.
- Undertaking asset verification, condition or dilapidation surveys on mechanical and electrical plant
- Assess and provide specific insight into the condition, performance and operational risk of M&E systems by undertaking non-intrusive inspections
- Correctly identify, anticipate and, if appropriate, research all M&E assets expected in any built environment
- Gather and analyse as much information as is available on site from the assets, building management systems and O&M manuals, if required
- Where required, review statutory compliance documentation pertaining to building regulations, H&S and fire safety
- Identify issues which may affect other projects in the broader portfolio and share information using available resources and generate portfolio wide analysis for reporting to asset management team and clients
- Liaise and communicate effectively with on-site engineers and staff to gain access to all areas within a site
- Follow clear instructions without deviating from a set approach and methodology
- Feasibility surveys
- Report writing and reviewing reports written by others
- Undergo a full DBS (CRB), SC check if required
The ability to win work and develop further business opportunities through relationship building will also be a key requirement of the role.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably within an outsourced building services or facilities/asset management role
- Engineering qualifications ideally having been time served in an electrical/mechanical trade
- Relevant further educational qualification (ONC/HNC/HND/Degree) preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Experience of working within the built environment
- Experience of utilising reporting tools
- Experience of interpreting information and undertaking analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a conclusion
- Robust project and programme management capability
- Ability to work away from the home office and potentially abroad
- Suitability for security clearance
- Knowledge of asset management principles
- Change control experience within projects
- Building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
- Experience with web based (database) software platforms
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking the apply button.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.