Project Director - Construction
Douglas, Isle of Man
Closing Date: 30/09/21
Position Type: Temporary
- Opportunity to spend 2 years working in the beautiful isle of Man
- Opportunity to lead and deliver an exciting New build Construction project
About Our Client
You will be working on behalf of one of the most exciting and rapidly growing brands in their specialist field. They are committed to providing the best product and the best service possible, which is also what they are looking to achieve for their employees as they build their new HQ.
You will be responsible for successfully managing a flagship building project which will showcase the new headquarters for one of my key clients. The project is to include offices, serviced accommodation, conference facilities and car park. The successful candidate will be required to lead the project from pre-construction to completion, taking full responsibility for the successful delivery.
Responsibilities include, but not subject to:
- Preparing, Managing and Reporting on Design programmes
- Identifying any risks, and acknowledging these with a solution.
- Preparing and reviewing the competency of potential contractors as well as managing the tender process for these and identifying and selecting appropriate building contractor
- Managing and communicating with the key stakeholders, and presenting regular meetings to discuss progress updates
- Monitoring progress and ensuring project is delivered to the highest standard, and remains on schedule and within budget.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are met in accordance with building regulations
- Project Managing in accordance with the contract, and assessing terms and conditions around payments
The Successful Applicant
You will have experience in a similar role and proven history of delivering successful new build construction projects of £20M+ in value. You will be educated to degree level within a related field and ideally be a member of the chartered institute of building (MCIOB). You also hold additional construction or project management qualifications such as NVQ L6 Construction Management or NEC4 Project Management accreditation, and be willing to relocate to isle of man for a 2 year period in order to deliver on this project.
You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate with people of all levels, both internally and externally. You will have the ability to understand and input on design drawings, and have excellent cost, negotiation and procurement skills.
You will also have the ability and drive to project manage the full life cycle of this amazing construction project from " cradle to grave" and do so by possessing these 6 key behaviours:
- Expertise and Technology - Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve business objectives and priorities;
- Planning and Organising - Thinks ahead, aligns efforts with project aims, manages time, priorities and risks; delivers on time and to the highest standard;
- Quality Conscious - Reviews whole tasks; sees ways to develop and evolve processes; builds improvements into future planning. Thinks 'right first time';
- Responsible use of Financial Resources - Takes personal responsibility for managing resources effectively and efficiently. Acts with integrity and drives efficiencies;
- Communicating and Influencing - Presents information clearly and convincingly. Communication is credible and timely. Follows through on commitments;
- Decision-Making - Forms sound, evidence-based judgements, makes choices and assess risks to delivery. Takes accountability for own actions.
What's on Offer
You will have the opportunity to relocate to the beautiful Isle of Man for a 2 year period and utilise a number of benefits the island has to offer. You will receive a higher take home salary as you would in the UK for a like for like role, and you would receive a negotiated relocation package on top which is depending on your individual circumstances. eg: Family, Children etc.
You will have the opportunity to lead and oversee a fantastic construction project, and play a key part in building the new headquarters for a rapidly growing international business.
If this sounds like it may be of interest and you would like to explore the opportunity further, please get in touch and I can run through all the details with you, as well as explain further benefits of working and living in the IOM.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.