We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Development Manager to manage the development of ground mount solar and storage projects for out client. This involves taking sites that have grid connections and land agreements in place, through to a fully consented projects ready for financial close. The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership and lead on all technical, commercial, and consenting aspects involved with project development.
Our client is an independent project development and investment team, which is committed to developing long term clean energy assets globally. Over the last two decades, they have emerged as a top-tier project developer worldwide, fostering reliable and long-term partnerships. The team's track record of 3+ GW of grid-connected projects and 8GW+ pipeline globally.
The Development Manager will take responsibility for projects from acquired sites all the way through to project financial close and handover to the construction/delivery team.
Managing projects through all development processes including:
- Obtaining planning approvals
- Securing legal and commercial agreements
- Managing technical on and off-site designs
- Securing and maintaining electrical connections
- Obtaining relevant environmental permits
- Managing consultants, technology and connections suppliers
- Anticipating and mitigating development risk
- Budgetary and development program responsibility
- The individual must be a creative problem-solver with an ability to combine legal, planning, technical and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery projects.
- A driven individual who has expertise and experience in the development of energy projects.
- A proven track record in obtaining planning consents and managing numerous projects simultaneously with a solid understanding of the energy development processes.
- Financial management experience - agreeing and managing budgets.
- An understanding and experience of property agreements relevant to developing energy projects.
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from a matrix of resources.
- Very organized, withX an ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate.
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.
Competitive Base salary + Good Bonus & Benefits Package