ASCENSION ISLAND GOVERNMENT
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
TEAM: Facilities & Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities & Operations
JOB PURPOSE: The delivery of planned capital projects for Ascension Island Government (AIG).
Project Management – approximately 50%
- To act as Project Manager for capital works, with external or in-house contractors.
- Provide technical advice and on-site monitoring of works.
- Provide regular reports to the Director of Facilities and Operations.
Quantity Surveying & Contract Management – approximately 30% 1.Carry out measured surveys and cost estimates.
- To undertake tender analysis and appointment of external contractors. Ensure all processes for tenders, purchases and payments are carried out in accordance with AIG’s Contract and Financial Regulations. Keep accurate records of on-going project information, costs and budgets. Review and issue contract instructions, including negotiation with external contractors. Obtain quotations and purchase orders for services and equipment.
Building Surveying – approximately 20%
- Produce detailed drawings, specifications, schedules of work, tender packages and contract documents.
- Conduct building pathology and defect analysis, including producing reports and budget costs.
- Building condition surveys, including the prioritisation of work.
- Prepare environmental impact assessments relating to on-going works.
- To contribute towards strategy working with other facilities teams and external consultants
- To comply with AIG’s Health & Safety at Work Policy. Working with the in-house Health and Safety team to manage risk and keep project risk registers.
- To attend any training course which AIG’s specifies in the further development of the jobholder’s role.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Knowledge, skills, experience and personal attributes
- Accredited HND or degree in Construction Project Management, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD and drawing production.
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations and experience as Principal Designer.
- Proficiency in producing Specifications and Schedules of Work.
- Knowledge of construction technology, materials and structural principals.
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice.
- Evidence of on-going CPD.
- Experienced in the construction industry with proven track record in design and project management.
- Extensive experience delivering successfully completed projects up to £2m.
- Experience of contract administration, including JCT (IC, MTC & MW) and NEC (SC & PSC) suites of contract.
- Experience of public procurement methods, frameworks and regulations.
- Working knowledge of appropriate health and safety legislation relating to the construction industry.
- Demonstrable evidence of carrying out and reporting on condition surveys of buildings and other structures.
- Strong adaptable surveying skills with proven creativity.
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer literacy including the MS suite of software.
- High levels of personal resilience and professionalism.
- MCIOB/MRICS or working towards.
- Experience of working in the Public Sector.
- Sound experience in the delivery of major capital projects.
- Experience of working with in-house multi-disciplinary construction teams.
- Awareness of issues facing British Overseas Territories.
- High levels of personal resilience.