Macdonald & Company have been instructed by a well-established and well reputed real estate practice based in East London.
Due to continued business growth they are looking to appoint an experienced General Practice Surveyor with experience in
The candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor, MRICS qualified up to Senior Surveyor Level possessing demonstrable experience of dealing with all aspects of general practise surveying, preferably with a knowledge of the East London and Essex property markets. You will have experience of managing a small team.
There are excellent career prospects for the successful candidate. The ability to be proactive and entrepreneurial is therefore crucial.
The candidate will be/ have:-
MRICS qualified and proven experience of at least 2 years’ post qualification experience;
- Enthusiasm, thoroughness, honesty and commitment;
- Excellent professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear advice and a range of reports;
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- An ability to present reasoned advice in formal and informal environments;
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to manage projects and work within budgets;
- Highly motivated;
- Have excellent communication skills and be well presented
- A current driving license;
- Prepared to travel, at short notice;
- Able to manage a small team assisting them with workload;
- Able to market the practise with a view to expanding the client base;
- Have experience of dealing with LPA/ Fixed Charge receivership work;
- IT literate, comfortable with Microsoft Office and social media platforms such as Twitter and Linked In;
- Possess a clean and current driving licence;
- Prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice;
You will support the Director in providing advice to various clients, will liaise with and take responsibility for graduate surveyors work load and will have first-rate communication, organisational and team-working skills.
You will be able to demonstrate genuine passion for the role together with a commitment to on-going learning and personal development.
Aspects of the role will include:-
The undertaking all aspects of general practice surveying work across a variety of sectors including retail, residential and commercial.
- Providing concise and reliable advice to our clients including rent reviews, lease renewals, Red Book & Statutory Valuations, general property brokerage, investment and development consultancy
- Working on insolvency and Receivership cases with the Director
- Compiling, researching and interpreting comparable evidence
- Providing accurate and timely reports and maintain comprehensive records of instructions in progress for internal and external reporting
- Maintaining best standards of practice including RICS regulatory requirements including Red Book
- Marketing the business with a view to identifying new areas for business growth
- Providing support to senior members of the team in achieving their objectives in work winning
- Supplying regular social media posts of interest to our clients and the wider profession
- Supporting graduate team members in their APC preparation
An attractive and competitive package is on offer in the region of £60,000-£70,000+ along with a bonud.
To find out more or to show your interest please get in touch with Alex Moore on 0207 318 5871 or email email@example.com