Interim Quantity Surveyor - Housing Association - Nottingham
Your new company
A Housing Association who are based in Nottingham are looking for a Freelance QS on an interim basis. The post holder will form part of a team & provide the management function of the estimating, quantity surveying, pre-work surveying and project management functions on the Development works. This is a full time role Monday - Friday starting immediately with the potential of a permanent contract.
Your new role
In your new role, you will have full ownership of tenders from inception to project launch including control of all commercial and financial aspects of projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Liaise with management to ensure commercial risks regarding insurances and terms and conditions of contract are fully understood.
· Ability to change specification if there is scope to do so and manage the approval of variations to contracts to
ensure the continuance of work on projects.
· Understanding the clients requirements.
· Handover of tender to post contract team to ensure that the tender submission is clear and understood.
· Deliver the project financially and to a high level of client satisfaction.
· Certify monthly interim valuations, including verifying previous payments to nominated sub-contractors and where appropriate checking materials off site.
· Certify and monitor variations including, managing provisional sums, contingencies etc.
· Prepare monthly financial statements/reports for projects projecting the anticipated total final cost including financial provisions included in the contract and other direct payments and report to the organisation as required.
· Manage matters that may give rise to a contractual claim.
· Confer with design team and other parties on such measures as are necessary to contain the overall cost within the approved budgetary provision.
· Be responsible for all aspects of the tendering and procurement processes and evaluation of bids contractors.
· Prepare and develop methods of planning and monitoring procedures on various contracts, ensuring that the data collected can be used as a monitoring tool.
· Prepare programs of work and materials schedules in conjunction with the surveying and operations teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Residential experience
- 5 years experience as a QS in construction
- HNC/ degree in Quantity Surveying
- Refurbishment experience
- driver and access to transport
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for a reputable Housing Association with good rates of pay. Potential for permanent contract down the line.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.