MRICS / AssocRICS or Graduate
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic MRICS/AssocRICS surveyor or a graduate surveyor to join our team.
We carry out various aspects of residential surveying / valuation and the ideal candidate will ideally have experience in carrying out valuations under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 / Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and be up to date with the relevant case law surrounding the legislation. The candidate will ideally have experience of this area, but further training would be provided.
Residential valuation work including the following.
- Leasehold Reform (LRHUDA 1993 / LRA 1967) valuations and negotiations: house enfranchisements, modern ground rent valuations, collective enfranchisements, lease extensions including ideally experience preparing for / attendance at tribunals. Also providing leases extensions / enfranchisements valuations and advice outside of the legislation.
- Tax valuations; IHT (inheritance), CGT (Capital Gains Tax and ATED (Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings).
- Matrimonial asset valuations
- Landlord and tenant valuations / negotiations including premium negotiations for deeds of variations / licences to alter etc.
The company also carries out landlord and tenant valuations for commercial premises including offices, retail and restaurant premises therefore candidates with experience in this area are welcome to apply however they should be competent and knowledgeable with residential valuations as set out above.
Applicants should be: – MRICS/AssocRICS qualified or a graduate with an RICS accredited degree. MRICS is not required for this role however experience and understanding of leasehold enfranchisement is essential. We are open to graduates who have studied these
areas of valuation, who are seeking more experience. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in preparing detailed and concise valuation reports.
- Comfortable discussing and explaining report findings to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Organisation and time management skills with ability to multitask advising various clients on different instructions at the same time.
- Detailed understanding of the comparable, investment and residual methods of valuations
- Strong understanding of the Central London residential property market
- Motivated to be able to work within a small team but also work on their own.