Park Avenue are currently looking for an experienced Senior Lead within Asset and Property Services for one our Local Authority clients in the South West.
The role will be based around the continued transformation of the Asset and Property Services at the Council and to oversee some key development projects for the organisation.
Duties in the role
- Lead on the building of the team following a recent large-scale restructure
- Formulate with the team a business plan for the service in the context of the Council Plan and Place Directorate Plan
- Manage the programme of projects to deliver the council's approved asset management programme
- Build and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
What you need
- Experience of leading strategically within a large organisation, across a varied portfolio
- A track record in building, managing and motivating teams through challenging circumstances to achieve results.
- Experience in a local authority would be useful but not essential as we are keen to consider candidates with transferable skills
- Strong customer focussed outlook is essential, and the ability to manage project delivery through internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders including members, leaders and team members.
- Experience of managing change including the impact of this change on employees and communities
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills and able to demonstrate their ability to work with significant stakeholder across the internal and external landscape
The position will be for an initial 6 month contract and there has already been indication that an extension is possible.
The role will be completely remote based with visits to the office when the work requires it.
The contract will run off a 37 hour week.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in