My nationwide real estate client is looking for an Analyst to join their highly successful Development, Valuation and Rating department as it seeks to grow and continually enhance the professional services offered to clients.
Whilst many businesses are currently contracting, my clients’ balance of public & private sector clients across all property types is creating expansion opportunities as they seek to further complement their highly technical and experienced team and provide their growing client base with innovative and market leading solutions to their development, valuation and property management needs. They have diverse and challenging client requirements and need highly capable individuals to help them resolve complex valuation issues.
The role will offer the right candidate a great career opportunity to work within a strong and growing department, with the opportunity for meaningful future advancement in a successful consultancy.
With expanding data sources available to us and rapidly improving technology enabling greater interpretation and analysis of information, my client is looking for individuals who want to join them on the journey of pushing reporting and valuation boundaries and matching their client’s needs. You will need to be good at applying Excel (and other analytics tools) to a variety of challenges to perform at the desired level.
The role presents an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s top property consultancy partnerships and advise on an extensive range of asset types, from major mixed-use regeneration projects to trophy office buildings. The service lines offered are also diverse, and include valuation, property management and strategic real estate.
My clients’ clients include leading property companies, banks, debt funds, developers, Local Authorities, government departments, the NHS and infrastructure providers.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Excel model creation/improvement/maintenance for a variety of valuation instructions. These range from Existing Use Value, Depreciated Replacement Cost and Market Value. Most of these will be on a ‘traditional’ basis but with relatively high numbers of properties;
• Some valuation instructions (e.g. DfE) require consolidation of large amounts of data when processing valuation ‘batches’. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with efficiently and accurately checking/consolidating large datasets with the use of excel formulas;
• Help innovate cash flow aspects of our work including occupier option appraisal models and DCF valuations.
• Assist with reporting models using raw data from property management databases such as MRI Horizon. This includes helping with GPA’s IAS 17 reporting (current) and IFRS 16 reporting (from 2022);
• Verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value;
• Assist with ad hoc asset management and development modelling/analytics for the Development team;
• Undertake direct communication with clients;
• Help with excel training for graduates and team members.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
• Advanced user of Excel;
• Some experience with creating and/or maintaining valuation and cash flow models;
• Ability to create output sensitivity tables in excel;
• Proficient at consolidating and summarising data in excel;
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
• Interested in using data visualisation e.g. PowerBi
• Interested in automation – VBA and/or Python as examples;
• Flexibility to work across different service lines and ability to multitask;
• High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail;
• Committed and organised;
• MRICS useful, but not essential;
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.