Quantity Surveyor, QS, Local Authority, Immediate start
Your new company
PQS, Quantity Surveyor, Derbyshire, local authority, council, 37 hours a week, competitive pay, working from home, In Scope of IR35.
- Budget Monitoring.
- Contract Advisory.
Your new role
You will work as a Quantity Surveyor, pre-construction, working on large commercial projects, as well as schools. You will manage complex projects, as well as small works projects. You will work with other contractors as well as consultants to ensure projects run to the correct timescale, within budget and in line with legislation.
· Liaise with management to ensure commercial risks regarding insurances and terms and conditions of contract are fully understood.
· Ability to change specification if there is scope to do so and manage the approval of variations to contracts to
ensure the continuance of work on projects.
· Understanding the clients requirements.
· Handover of tender to post contract team to ensure that the tender submission is clear and understood.
· Certify and monitor variations including, managing provisional sums, contingencies etc.
· Prepare monthly financial statements/reports for projects projecting the anticipated total final cost including financial provisions included in the contract and other direct payments and report to the organisation as required.
· Manage matters that may give rise to a contractual claim.
· Confer with design team and other parties on such measures as are necessary to contain the overall cost within the approved budgetary provision.
· Be responsible for all aspects of the tendering and procurement processes and evaluation of bids contractors.
· Prepare and develop methods of planning and monitoring procedures on various contracts, ensuring that the data collected can be used as a monitoring tool.
· Prepare programs of work and materials schedules in conjunction with the surveying and operations teams.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have worked on publicly owned buildings as well as offering commercial experience. Ideally you will be a Chartered QS but not this is desirable and not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive hourly rate, as well as guaranteed full time hours, and a long term ongoing contract with no end date.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.