Project Manager - Salary up to £60k depending on experience
Your new company
Baily Garner was established in 1976 and has grown from a small practice into a multi-disciplinary consultancy of almost 200 professionals. We think big and are active participants in the construction industry, encouraging change and letting people know what we think.
Our team of almost 200 people, based out of offices in London and Birmingham, combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
We have traditionally been, and continue to be, strong in the housing sector - new build, refurbishment, mixed use and mixed tenure schemes and have steadily increased our presence in the education, care, health, blue light and commercial sectors. As a result we have a portfolio of projects ranging in value from £5,000 to in excess of £100 million, of which around two thirds each year is earned in repeat instructions from existing delighted clients.
Your new role
Your new role The job responsibilities described hereafter are a guide and all employees will be expected to undertake tasks as directed by Partners.
- Manage and oversee Partners and Programme Managers Client liaison to include presentation of schemes, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility for the following:
- Act as a Project Manager where required including appointing Professional Team and management of their performance
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare whole life programs and programs of work using MS project.
- Prepare and present for approval complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work, Employer’s Requirements and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Undertaking Contract Administration duties in accordance with Practice procedures and verification strategies.
- Preparing maintenance manuals.
- Delegating any of the above duties whilst retaining responsibility for achievement.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification (BSc (Hons) degree or similar in Building Surveying/ Quantity surveying/ Project Management) experience and/or breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Associate membership of RICS or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs, in order to achieve a minimum of 20 hours per year continued professional development.
What you'll get in return
For the full benefits package, please click on the benefits tab. For this role you can expect a salary of up to £60k - depending on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.