Quantity Surveyor – Salary up to £45k depending on experience
Your new company
Baily Garner was established in 1976 and has grown from a small practice into a multi-disciplinary consultancy of almost 200 professionals. We think big and are active participants in the construction industry, encouraging change and letting people know what we think.
Our team of almost 200 people, based out of offices in London and Birmingham, combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
We have traditionally been, and continue to be, strong in the housing sector - new build, refurbishment, mixed use and mixed tenure schemes and have steadily increased our presence in the education, care, health, blue light and commercial sectors. As a result we have a portfolio of projects ranging in value from £5,000 to in excess of £100 million, of which around two thirds each year is earned in repeat instructions from existing delighted clients.
Your new role
The job responsibilities described hereafter are a guide and all employees will be expected to undertake tasks as directed by Partners.
- To prepare budget estimates, cost planning and tendering procedures and contract arrangements.
- Prepare tendering documents; examining tenders received and reporting thereon or negotiating tenders and pricing.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments on account to the Contractor, prepare periodic assessments of anticipated final cost and reporting thereon; measuring work and adjusting variation in accordance with the terms of the contract and preparing final account, pricing same and agreeing totals with the Contractor.
- Attendance at various project/technical meetings and the taking, preparation and distribution of Minutes.
- Prepare Microsoft Project Programmes.
- Day to day management and execution of project work.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification (BSc (Hons) degree or similar in Quantity Surveying) experience and/or depth and breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs, in order to achieve the required RICS recommended CPD hours per year.
What you'll get in return
For the full benefits package, please click on the benefits tab. For this role you can expect a salary of up to £45k – depending on experience, 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.