Let's lead the new age of construction together.
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
You might know us for the prestigious construction work we deliver around the world. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, skills and knowledge. Working in our collaborative environment, you'll lead professionals who enjoy supporting each other to make the most of our talents and expertise.
Faithful+Gould is a great place to be when it comes to work-life balance. Ask us how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. Valuing each other equally is central to our culture. Some of our recent pledges have been for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Head of Cost Management with strong and proven infrastructure experience, notably for Rail projects, to take a lead position in our Infrastructure team. You will play a key role in supporting the growth of our team through delivering and winning work with existing clients, including a major Rail client, and growing our portfolio, this role will be based out of Faithful+Gould’s Birmingham or London office.
- Develop and implement effective lean pre and post Cost Management processes and procedures aimed at maintaining effective budgetary control.
- Support the development and maintenance of client’s standards and resources (e.g. benchmarking databases) for all cost and related controls services to ensure consistent best in class approaches and decision making
- Lead the Cost Management teams, setting objectives, reviewing performance and selection/promotion decisions to ensure that staff have the skills / understanding to deliver team objectives
- Recruit and train staff in the necessary skills to carry out the Cost Management function as required
- Agree with the Project Controls Director a clear set of Cost Management policies and procedures that are appropriate to the work being delivered and to ensure that the teams implement and adhere to these
- Support the pre contract interface with the procurement teams
- Act as the principal channel for formal reviews of the Cost and Risk Management outputs on a monthly reporting cycle
- Facilitate the delivery of ad hoc cost and contract advice when needed
- Support the Programme Controls Director in delivering market and strategy insights to the client’s commercial teams
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- Relevant qualification and experience in leading Cost Management teams in major projects
- Large infrastructure experience
- Experience in Programme Management with extensive contract, commercial and risk allocation skills
- Experience of specifying, procuring and implementing an effective Cost Management and reporting system that is aligned to business requirements
- Ability to strategically influence and negotiate with stakeholders on sensitive issues
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.