Build your career constructing a safer, more sustainable world
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
Become a vital member of a team that takes on some of the world's most exciting and prestigious construction challenges. When you start this role with us, you'll find everyone ready to help because we all want you to succeed. It's about recognising everyone's contributions equally while delivering excellence together.
Flexible and remote working are central to our culture, and we want to hear what matters to you. Talk to us about what's important to you, from reduced weeks to buying more leave; how we can make reasonable adjustments for you or support your ambitions outside of work.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
ASSISTANT BUILDING SURVEYOR
As one of our Assistant Building Surveyors, you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team, enjoying a varied workload and plenty of progression opportunities. Thrive on responsibility, leading niche projects or assisting on major ones. Our structured training programmes will help you take charge of your career. And when it comes to passing the RICS APC, you'll have support from an assessor on the team and pre-assessment training from our organisation.
- Supporting Building Surveyors in their day-to-day activities including the preparation of professional reports
- Develop a thorough understanding of Building Surveying Services as defined by the RICS
- Undertaking a wide range of regional building surveying duties throughout with some national opportunities
- With support, managing your own projects and understanding the commercial aspects of this role
- Learning and understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment within asset surveys, project design, delivery and management
- Participating in internal and external training initiatives
- Generating repeat business and participate in local business development initiatives
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or an equivalent RICS accredited degree.
- We’ll also consider ONC, HNC, or equivalent qualifications, plus relevant experience
- An ability to manage your own time and workload effectively and efficiently
- Enthusiasm to learn and provide the full range of Building Surveying Services
- Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
- A willingness to improve your technical skills and knowledge
- A desire to gain Chartered status
- A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
WHY WORK FOR FAITHFUL+GOULD?
Join us, and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport, to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
MORE ABOUT US
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Check out some of our most recent and exciting projects.