Our client, an internationally renowned leisure destination, has a specific focus on hotel and residential developments in London and worldwide. They require someone dynamic and ambitious to work with the wider development team across acquisition, through feasibility, planning and delivery.
The Development Manager will be responsible for delivering projects from the front end through to completion. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Appoint, and manage Consultants during the Due Diligence process to ensure they perform in line in their agreed scope, level of service, and review and issue Reports at key milestones.
- Undertaking feasibility appraisals and various financial analysis to identify viable development proposals
- Direct project team on the production of all relevant documentation to secure all necessary approval(s)/authorities to proceed with the development, including negotiating and inputting into development agreements
- Maintenance of the feasibility appraisals to track the projects progress against approved financial authorities and project metrics
- Attend monthly site progress team meetings to progress the design and construction of the project.
- Appoint and manage Interior Designer / Architect and other consultants to design the fit-out. Engage internal stakeholders for design sign-off.
- Managing delivery budgets, programming and quality.
- Using a consultant QS/PM, tender, appoint and manage a fit-out contract.
- Oversee delivery and handover of the space to the operations team
- The successful candidate(s) will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on private sector developments, focusing on hotel and/ or residential projects.
- Strong academic and professional track record including a property related degree working towards a relevant qualification e.g. MRICS, MICE, RIBA.
- Thorough understanding of the development process from inception through to completion.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK property market with the ability to foresee and capitalise on opportunities ahead.
- Possess the necessary personal authority to deal effectively with people at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to alternate between Leader and Team Contributor; Collaborative, team orientated with a positive and open approach
- Results orientated, with strong commercial and financial acumen and poised and articulate with good presentation skills, both written and oral.
For further information please contact Ed Hoad – email@example.com / 07502 397979