Interim Head of Asset Management - Local Authority
Your new company
A Local Authority based in Nottingham are looking for an interim Head of Asset Management and Development. The role is due to start in October and will be ongoing with the potential to go permanent in 2022.
Your new role
As the Interim Head of Asset Management you will be responsible for providing leadership on key asset management and development issues for Members, Chief Officers and managers. You will be responsible for all employee's within the Asset Management and Development division at the Council. In the role you will be tasked with a variety of Strategic, Operational, Financial and Managerial targets;
- Formulate policy for the Asset Management and Development Division including a Council Housing Asset Management Strategy and House Building Delivery Plan. Develop creative and innovative solutions to service delivery, ensuring a process of continuous service improvement.
- Lead the Asset Management and Development Division, ensuring that employees are appraised, developed and well trained and motivated to achieve their full potential and also work together cohesively to deliver the Division's objectives.
- Develop improvement programmes to deliver the requirements of the Council Housing Asset Management Strategy by commissioning stock condition surveys to confirm the value and investment requirements for the HRA owned assets.
- Implement the Housing Delivery Plan of new build Council housing throughout the Borough from inception through to completion both directly and through third party delivery including the development of partnerships with contractors and Registered Providers.
- Ensure the Division's service delivery plan, budget, targets and performance measures are prepared in accordance with corporate objectives. Monitor progress, produce regular reports and take remedial action, where necessary in order to ensure that budget and performance targets are met.
Please note that the above examples are only touching the surface of the role and there are other aspects and expectations for the right candidate who will be heading up this division.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or equivalent relevant qualification. You will have a sound understanding of the financial, legal and regulatory framework governing property services including new build development and a demonstrable track record of effective decision making and policy formulation and project delivery.
You will have demonstrable experience providing strategic leadership and possess the ability to motivate others to successfully deliver service initiatives/priorities. Additionally, you will have strong negotiating, influencing and persuasion skills together with evidence of success in building working relationships and working flexibly, across professional and operational boundaries.
Finally, you will have sound knowledge of Asset Management and Housing Development, and in particular, extensive knowledge of current trends relating to achieving carbon neutrality. Fundamentally, you will have knowledge and understanding of communication techniques to support and enhance the delivery of asset management and development services.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for a forward thinking Local Authority with some exciting things happening. As Head of Asset Management, you will have full autonomy from day one to drive the Council forward using your own techniques. You will be compensated with a generous daily rate with the possibility of a permanent post in 2022.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.