My global client, is looking to add to their Commercial Valuations department at, Senior Surveyor/Associate level to be responsible for the valuation of commercial properties throughout the UK, along with the co-ordination of a number of balanced funds acting as key contact for clients, supporting 3 Partners managing in excess of £8bn of portfolio valuations. The successful candidate will primarily be based in their London office.
- Be responsible for the monthly & quarterly valuations of real estate assets allocated to you, having regard to prevailing market conditions and evidence plus on-going asset management initiatives.
- Understand and be proficient in the use of software packages employed in undertaking valuations (Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer, KEL, MRi).
- On an ad hoc basis, undertake such loan security valuations as gained personally or allocated, by seniors, in an accurate and professional manner.
- Have the ability to increase the range and quantity of instructions via business generation.
- Attend events to promote the department and firm amongst clients and professional organisations.
- Respond quickly to client enquiries.
- Be capable in the preparation of reports.
- First point of contact for clients on a range of enquiries.
- Attending client valuation meetings and delivering on a specific market sector.
- Acquire and build a sound knowledge of property markets and legal case law.
- Take a close interest in the property press and the national press with a view to building up a wide perspective of the property market and related activities.
- Adhere to all deadlines set for the completion of work.
- Maintain neat tidy and orderly valuation file records at all times.
- Fully understand office records and procedures and be able to make good use of all the available information contained therein.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all work undertaken by the department and to be aware of what is likely to be sensitive information.
- Abide by the principle of CPD as required by the RICS.
- Take responsibility for the tasks assigned to become an integral part of the core team and a member of the wider department.
- Liaise with members of other departments and to get to know the individuals and their markets both for the purpose of obtaining information in support of valuations and also to look for opportunities for the cross selling of business.
- Supporting three partners and an associate within the V&A business along with a graduate and apprentice.
- Valuation: Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer, KEL, MRi
- Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Broad UK property and secured lending valuations experience
- Registered under the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.
- The capacity for accuracy, with an orderly approach to work and numeracy paying high attention to detail.
- Good communication generally, and the ability to write clear and factual reports in a timely manner.
- The commitment and determination to investigate thoroughly and seek out information necessary for the accurate valuation of property.
- The ability to comprehend and make use of computers and information technology.
- Willingness and flexibility to work as part of a team.
- The personality to engage with other professionals and general public alike in promoting the firm and building your profile in a professional manner.
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 5 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.