PS/1282/H - A5 - Apprentice Estates Surveyor - Estates and Facilities
Vacancy Role: Police Staff
Department / Area: Estates and Facilities
Recruiting Force: Hertfordshire Constabulary
Location: Headquarters, WGC, Herts
Section / Unit: Estates and Facilities
Post Type: Permanent
Salary: £32,673 - £41,718 (Discretionary Area Included)
Hours of Work: Full Time
Lead by the Head of Estates and Facilities, the Estates and Facilities department consists of two internal divisions, Estates who are responsible for the delivery of Capital projects and property matters and Facilities who are responsible for the day to day service delivery and compliance of the estate.
Based at WGC HQ the Estates and Facilities team are responsible for ensuring the Constabulary’s buildings are compliant and fit for purpose and services provided provide value for money in addition to providing professional advice and support to the police and crime commissioner on estates matters.
The Constabulary’s estate consists of 30 sites in total, 16 of which are owned, 14 are leased (excluding Police houses) with a gross total floor area of approx. 60,000m2.
The role of Estates Apprentice is a new role within the Estates and Facilities department and located within the Estates function reporting into the Estates surveyor who is in turn line managed by the Head of estates, the role is a development role and provides support the Estates Surveyor undertaking a full range of estate management duties including but not restricted to land lord and Tennent matters.
Key responsibilities include;
- Supporting the Estates Surveyor in providing an estates management service to the Constabulary.
- Undertaking high level professional valuation work in the acquisition and disposal of the Forces property to meet the requirements of the Estates Strategy.
- Assisting in providing valuation information of property portfolio for certified account s/insurance for the Constabulary’s annual report in line with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors ‘Red Book’ guidelines.
- To liaise with Local/County/Councillors' on planning issues affecting new development including the negotiation of Section 106/Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) contributions.
- Assisting in development of property briefs (space requirements/geographical area etc.) with client dept.
- Brief/Commission consultants to undertake feasibility studies/major sales on behalf of the Constabulary.
- Developing partnerships with local Councils/other bodies to obtain the benefits of sharing accommodation and/or reducing costs.
- Reviewing Non-Domestic Rates Assessments and where applicable lodge appeals and progress through to conclusion.
- Achieving best value for money in connection with acquisitions, disposals and leases.
- Keeping up to date with continuous development standards (CPD) of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Prospective candidates will be required to provide an expression of interest not exceeding 500 words. Providing examples of what skills and experience they can bring to the role and how that will support the future development of the local estates team and support on the ongoing development of the Estates and Facilities department.
Internal applicants within Hertfordshire Constabulary, should upload either a CV or a completed ‘Staff internal role summary’ form, which can be found in the vacancy documents below. Please note you will be required to provide an expression of interest as per above.
External applicants should ensure that your current CV is uploaded and provide an expression of interest as per above. To ensure the recruitment process is fair and equal, please do not include personal details on your CV other than your name.
This vacancy is live to those at risk of redundancy and will remain open to redeployees until the conditional offer stage throughout the recruitment process. Any redeployee that wishes to apply should apply through the redeployment portal and provide an expression of interest as per above. Redeployees will take priority over other applicants at any point during the recruitment process up until conditional offer.
This force is a Disability Confident employer. Should you require any reasonable adjustments for your application process that you have not made explicit in the application, please contact the HR Service Centre on 01438 75 7777 (or the above email address) or the manager contact for this role directly. We also offer the guaranteed interview scheme; this means that all candidates with a disability covered by the Equality Act 2010, who meet the minimum entry requirements for the role, will be invited to attend an interview.
All applications must be submitted through our online recruitment website by clicking the apply button below.
Everyone at Hertfordshire Constabulary takes personal responsibility to help create an inclusive workplace, where police officers and staff respect one another, feel valued for their differences and can be themselves. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, wherever needed so everyone feels welcome and can flourish.
It is recommended that you download and store a copy of the role profile as this will no longer be available once the advert has closed.
Closing Date: 17 October 2021