Are you a professional Quantity Surveyor who enjoys getting involved in a variety of buildings sectors? Looking for a progressive opportunity with a forward-thinking firm? Looking for a non-corporate organisation where you can get the training and exposure to take the next step up? Then apply below!!
An innovative, dynamic and exciting consultancy firm are looking for a diligent Quantity Surveyor to join their London team.
We are looking for someone who has experience working within the construction consultancy industry on a variety of building projects in London.
As Quantity Surveyor your role will be:
- Prepare estimates for projects
- Provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions
- Provide detailed reports to clients in line with their vision on each projects
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
As Quantity Surveyor, your background will be:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Excellent Numerical and IT skills
- Proficient in relevant software (Cost X etc.)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant discipline
- Chartered with the RICS or working towards