Senior Building Surveyor - 3-6 month Contract + £250 - 300 Per Day
Your new company
Our client is looking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor or Senior Chartered Building Surveyor to work in a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver a full suite of Building Surveying duties out of our Birmingham office. They offer extremely varied and interesting work with several high-profile public and private sector clients.
Your new role
You will be working across several projects in different sectors, managing and providing a range of building surveying / project management duties. Assisting with the development of new and repeat business across all sectors where possible. Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project-by-project basis. Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business, you'll also be involved with the following:
- Project management and Contract Administration duties for larger projects.
- Condition and measured surveys
- Designing and implementing small - medium sized projects.
- Due diligence surveys.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Framework management - be able to manage teams and deliver commissions under framework agreements.
- Experience in sectors that includes education, local authorities, health care, central government and infrastructure projects.
- Defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports and specifications.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety, and the environment within the management of projects.
- Delivery of both pre- and post- contract project management services.
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree
- Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and/or CIOB with PQE
- Ability to demonstrate good all-round surveying experience.
- Experience of both pre- and post-contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels
- Prepared to travel as required.
- To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.