ESTATE MANAGER & DIRECTOR OF RURAL PROPERTY
Family Estate Office
Attractive Salary + Benefits
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a leading individual to fill the role of Estate Manager & Director of Rural Property for a family office. The role will be based on an idyllic 6,500 acre agricultural and sporting estate in Berkshire. This individual will be an RICS qualified rural surveyor with a proven track record in both Estate Management and strategic development aspects to lead the future enhancement of the estate as a whole. This is a hands-on role and requires an individual who will, with support from the management board, help lead an effective team to further maximise the estates full potential.
Responsibilities will include:
- To lead and manage the Estate and the rural property portfolio in accordance with the Company’s agreed strategies.
- To be responsible for compliance on the Berkshire Estate in relation to employment practices, Health and Safety and conservation.
- To formulate a strategy to promote the development of non-operational farmyards and the promotion and bringing forward to planning of strategic development sites on both the rural Estates.
- To have oversight on the management of the rural property portfolio on both rural Estates, ensuring a compliant, appropriate, and commercial approach is always adopted.
- To play a key role within the local community and with key stakeholders, acting as the face of the family office and forming key links with local bodies such as County and Parish Councils.
- To act as lead on creating a strategy for sustainability and biodiversity for the non-farmed area in conjunction with the Farming Director & Head of Rural Business and the Working Farm Manager in Berkshire.
- To ensure that the Estate meets or exceeds the Family’s expectations when they visit the Estate for leisure or social reasons.
- To preserve and promote the corporate Values of the family office through actions and interactions.
- Be a rural practice RICS qualified surveyor with a proven track record in both rural estate management on behalf of a family, and demonstrable strategic development experience.
- Be an excellent communicator with a people focus, a well-developed sense of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Strong leadership qualities, as well as possessing the self-awareness and humility to negotiate successful outcomes for key stakeholders. A keen focus on implementation and a desire to deliver results.
- Strong commercial awareness and proven ability to successfully lead teams in the delivery of enterprise objectives especially property, rural operations and ideally forestry.
- Have passion for the countryside, outdoor pursuits, community affairs, and an ability to demonstrate developed relationships.
- Have a passion for sustainability and biodiversity, proven through qualification and results.
- Be energetic, tenacious and hands-on with strong attention to detail. Committed team player with excellent communication skills, natural diplomacy and common sense. Experience of generating online awareness and a social media presence.
- A high degree of autonomy, self-motivation and commitment.
Please email your CV with full salary details to email@example.com or further information please contact Charlie Holroyde on 07973 116262.
Mulberry Executive Search have been retained to handle this assignment.