A renowned commercial property consultancy is offering the opportunity for a London based Chartered Building Surveyor to join their specialist building consultancy division as they roll out their 2024 business strategy which focuses on sustained team and business growth specifically within their private sector client base. With long term and lucrative public sector framework agreements already in place for services to commercial portfolios, the business strategy is to deliver on this front and develop on their private sector client base, which already includes high profile clients and prime commercial portfolios. Details on the team as follows:
- Office location: Fitzrovia (London West End)
- Closest stations: Marylebone & Euston (national rail) Oxford Circus & Warren Street (underground)
- Office working: Flexible, negotiable on an individual basis
- Team size: 6 building surveyors, 1 Director, 2 Associates, 1 senior, 2 assistant/APC candidates
- Office size: 100+ employees
As a senior building surveyor you will largely be responsible for delivery of the following services:
- Developing, growing and maintaining client relationships
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying delivery meets or exceeds client expectations
- Managing projects to deliver high quality project management services on within agreed timeframe and budget
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice,
- Managing construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works from feasibility
- through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews.
- Preparing and managing planned maintenance programmes.
- Quality monitoring of construction projects.
This organisation takes a different approach to rewards and benefits, starting with annual remuneration, which for the suitable candidate will amount to £65,000 per annum, which provides you with the freedom to allocate your earnings to you vehicle maintenance, healthcare, dental etc as you see fit.
You will also be rewarded with the freedom to progress through your preferred route. The London team operated on a flat structure, so you can progress from senior to associate and onward either specialising in a certain discipline, account managing, or team leadership as per your preference. There is no ceiling on your progression and development.
Flexible working is a key element of the organisation's ethos of treating people a individuals, and you will be provided with the opportunity to discuss how your hours will fit around your personal life, ensuring you get the right work life balance for you to be comfortable on both sides.
There is a comprehensive list of other benefits and rewards which come with being part of the team such as:
- Buying and selling holiday - you can increase your holiday to a maximum of 30 days a year (excluding BHs) by adding to your existing 25 days per annum
- Cyclescheme - you can take advantage of an interest free loan offset against the value of a bicycle to use for your commute to work, repayable on a monthly basis#
- Travel insurance & private healthcare insurance
- Travel schemes - the option to work at any one of the company's global offices for a period of up to 2 weeks to experience your role on an international platform
More benefits, rewards and incentives are on offer, and information can be provided as per request
In order to be considered for the above role and to receive the rewards outlined, you will need to meet a certain criteria as follows:
- Full membership to the RICS (MRICS or FRICS)
- Possess a minimum of a year of post qualification experience in building surveying.
- Excellent building pathology knowledge specifically relating to commercial property construction (offices, warehouses, depots etc.)
- Experience leading schedules of dilapidation on commercial property, including managing claims and negotiating settlements
- Demonstrable experience in Contract Administration (Traditional JCT suite) and project managing works up to £500K+
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and report writing skills as well as time management
- Full, valid UK Driver's License, preferably with access to a vehicle.
If you feel you possess the required skills (above) for this position, and would like to be considered for this opportunity, click "apply" or email an up to date copy of your CV
All applications are anonymous, you will be contacted for a confidential discussion following your application.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.