Contract type: Permanent
Post number: ME0155X
Location: Civic Centre
Salary: £41,881 to £43,857 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (banking 30 minutes per week to be used towards the shut down between Christmas and New Year)
Closing date: Monday 27 September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Harlow Council currently own and manage a diverse portfolio of approximately 558 commercial and community buildings across the district.
Being a new town much of these buildings were constructed in the 50’s & 60’s and are now in need of ongoing maintenance and in some cases significant refurbishment works.
The Council is seeking to appoint an experienced surveyor to assist the Properties & Facilities Team in maintaining and improving the Council’s non-housing property portfolio.
The post will involve ensuring that non-housing responsive and planned maintenance and improvement works are carried out efficiently and effectively. The appointed candidate will be required to –
- Provide technical support to the Property & Facilities Team
- Carry out inspections and surveys on built assets and infrastructure, prepare reports on their condition and recommend preventative and essential repair and maintenance works
- Manage maintenance and repairs works to built assets and infrastructure
- Work as part of the Property & Facilities Team to develop, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the Capital Works Programme
- Produce tenders and technical specifications for major maintenance, repair and capital improvement works
- Manage major works projects from inception to completion
- Assist with the management and compliance with insurance processes
- Monitor and ensure that the Council complies with its statutory obligations relating to building maintenance and systems testing.
The role of maintenance surveyor is a key position within the department, and provides a unique opportunity for the right person to influence the future of the Council’s non-housing property portfolio.
Candidates must have an awareness of current Health & Safety and Building Legislation, have a flexible approach to work and be qualified to a minimum HNC/HND or equivalent. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate a strong professional track record and have comprehensive post qualification experience in the industry. Asbestos management and gas safe qualifications would also be desirable.