Commercial & Industrial Property Experts across London and the East. This multi-disciplinary consultancy provides a full life-cycle service to a range of investors, lenders, developers and occupiers, from acquisitions and disposals through to development and management.
With over 60 consultants across 5 offices the business is set up to provide support on large scale, high value instructions as well as higher volume work across the region.
Due to the retirement of their current Building Surveying lead, there is a vacancy in the company's London office, which I have been instructed to source a motivated, commercially minded and growth oriented building surveyor to take on, and develop.
Based in the East London office, a stone's throw from Stratford station, you will work alongside, and report into an equity partner and Head of Building Consultancy. Whilst they will continue to manage the project division of the business, and oversee the wider building consultancy division on a strategic level. You will have autonomy and independence to lead operations for the professional / technical building consultancy team in London.
Your role will be an even split of business development and delivery. You will be responsible initially for maintaining relationships with existing clients and securing instructions and future revenue streams by collaborating with the agency, investment and management teams, and through direct contact with clients.
Your long term goal will be establish a reputable professional team through effective business development, cross selling services to current customers and attracting new clients to the practice. You will lead recruitment for your team as your client base expands and you will instruct your dedicated surveying team on professional work.
As part of the delivery aspect of your role the key areas of focus will be:
- Dilapidations, generally on behalf of the Landlord, with occasional occupier instructions
- Expert Reports on property defects and disrepair
- Party Wall & Neighbour Issues
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Schedules of Condition and Licences to alter
You will also be involved in contract administration, project monitoring and management occasionally.
The rewards offered by your new employer are generous. As a Senior Associate Building Surveyor you will be offered a salary of £65-75K dependent on prior experience at this level.
A fee focused annual bonus is an added benefit, which comes into effect at billings of over 3 x annual salary.
In addition to this the company provides a strong pension, private healthcare and business travel expenses.
A key part of this position will be growth and progression, and you will be encouraged to succeed. This role is earmarked for a chartered surveyor who would like to become an equity partner of the business within the next five years. There is no pyramid of hierarchy at this business, and you have the chance of progression and promotion fairly, when you have earned it.
You will be a great fit for this position if you meet the following:
- You're a chartered building surveyor and full member of the RICS You currently work at Associate Building Surveyor level or above.
- You have strong knowledge of commercial / industrial building pathology and construction techniques, as well as strong experience carrying out schedules of dilapidations and technical due diligence on property acquisitions, experience in commercial party wall matters and reinstatement cost assessments as well as licenses to alter.
- You are a commercially minded, organised, and proactive biller with a professional demeanour and strong written and verbal communication.
- You have managed a team of surveyors before, and can successfully manage both junior and senior team members.
- You live within a reasonable commute from Stratford, London, and hold a full, valid UK driver's license.
If you believe you possess the relevant skills for this position, and you'd like to be considered for the opportunity, click "apply" and follow the steps to submit your application for this role.
Alternatively you can email your up to date CV with a contact number and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.