Senior Land & Property Surveyor Land & Property £38,890 - £41,881 plus excellent benefits
Are you looking to play your part in transforming one of the most dynamic cities in the UK?
Our vision is for Leeds to be the best city in the UK. One that is caring and compassionate, has a strong economy and which tackles and reduces inequalities.
The focus of our business is to undertake a full range of property related services a covering a range of Council owned assets across the City. The organisational culture is to provide a quality service that we can be proud of and enhances the development of the Leeds City region.
About the role
The Senior Land and Property officer is a senior role with accountability on behalf of the Land and Property Service across a range of property related projects in different portfolios. The post holder will work with Principal Managers, Executive Managers and Heads of Service in helping the delivery of property related projects.
As a Senior Land and Property Offer you will be helping to deliver the Council's vision for the economic growth of the City by its use of its assets. The Land & Property Team is currently involved in several exciting projects that are going to shape the future of the City and undertakes a wide variety of property related work.
As part of a professional property team, you will be in the main responsible for taking a leading role in increasing the stock of council housing by identifying land for new build opportunities, overseeing the acquisition of individual houses through identified schemes, targeting off the shelf new build purchaser and other future pipeline schemes. The work will cover the following areas:
* Targeted acquisitions.
* Play an active role in consulting, engaging, and liaising with internal teams & via estate agents, providers, partners, developers, auction houses; marketing, communications in the estate / online and via long term empties to secure the right properties in the right locations.
* Right of First Refusal - oversight of the process and project level escalation point.
* Off the shelf purchases - oversight of programme delivery and project level escalation point.
* Pipeline works - contribute to the review and rejection / introduction of new schemes.
* Support the resolution of day to day technical / commercial / contractual / leasehold / funding agreement issues; liaising with internal team(s) as required. Consult with PM as required.
* Be the main project level point of contact (internally & externally).
* Right to Buy - leading the programme of right to buy disposals, overseeing staff undertaking inspections and valuations, liaising with the Home Ownership team, and approving valuations.
* Valuation and viability assessment - undertaking valuations associated with housing schemes and acquisitions.
The other areas of work that you may have the opportunity to be involved in include:
To identify development opportunities and undertake feasibility studies and provide advice on planning issues linked to the economic growth of the City.
Provision of valuation and property advice to other Directorates of the Council
Actively support continuous improvement of the property service through contributing to cross Council projects and supporting the Departmental Management Team.
In line with the Council's values, you will:
* Be a MRICS commercial surveyor having completed a RICS accredited degree
* Have experience undertaking red book valuations, but you do not need to be a registered valuer
* Be compassionate and have emotional intelligence - possessing excellent leadership and motivational skills to get the best out of people.
* Have a proven track record in negotiating and delivering complex property related activity, covering residential market in acquisitions, and a knowledge of landlord and tenant.
* Be an exceptional communicator.
* Build networks based on honesty, trust and respect.
* Be flexible and adaptable to lead a wide range of initiatives.
* Have an excellent all-round understanding and experience of the property work and the relevant legal processes, balanced with commercial acumen and compassion.
* Have a well-tuned ability to effectively work with businesses, politicians and development or investment interests.
* Be able to lead on both detailed delivery of schemes and development of strategy.
How to apply
Please upload a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter which explains both why you are attracted to this post, and why you are the right person for us. Please limit your covering letter to no more than 1 page.
Key Dates :
The closing date for applications is 12pm Monday 30th August
First stage interviews taking place week commencing 6th September
Final interviews scheduled for week commencing 27th September.