Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
How would you like to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges around the globe? Join our collaborative team where everyone has a voice, and together we deliver excellence for people and the environment.
No two people have the same priorities, which is why we want to hear from you. And why flexible and remote working is central to our culture. So, talk to us about how we can support you. How about reduced weeks or buying more leave over school holidays, making adjustments for you at work or helping your transition back after a career break?
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Join us as a Building Surveyor, and work with colleagues as talented as you, pressing for innovation and excellence. Work on engaging, varied work across retail, health, energy, commercial property, education, residential, and public sectors. In our cross-disciplinary, collaborative environment, you'll play a pivotal role in managing client relationships while handling technical and legal issues.
- Working across several regional projects in different sectors, providing a range of building surveying duties
- Using and applying standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC
- Understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment in survey, design and management of projects and portfolios
- Mentoring and training Junior Building Surveying staff
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities
- Carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and managing regional schemes.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar RICS accredited degree.
- Ambition to gain Chartered status
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience
- Experience managing clients with a strong understanding of profitability, business development and sound commercial awareness
- Sound knowledge drafting technical documents, including asset reviews, feasibility studies, specifications and drawings
- A full understanding of Health and Safety requirements and Statutory Compliance
- Experience of transactional building surveying services including Party Wall legislation and Dilapidations is desirable
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
- Enthusiasm to seek new learning opportunities to keep skills and knowledge current, enjoy supporting colleagues with their development.
- Contribute to a positive, friendly environment, helping to build relationships across teams and with clients
- You respect other points of view and seek out the best results in discussions.
- Willingness to travel UK wide.
WHY WORK FOR FAITHFUL+GOULD?
Join us, and work with friendly teams in a collaborative, digitally-driven environment. You'll be able to develop your career across a diverse portfolio of top clients in multiple sectors, from highways and aviation to rail and energy.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. Ours is a culture where everyone deserves to thrive. So, at any career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes that will improve your skills and knowledge.
Our people are passionate about making a difference to the next generation, communities and each other. In 2020 our talented teams won a Special Award for Sustainability in the Civic Trust Awards – showing how 'sustainability is at the heart of everything we do'. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
MORE ABOUT US
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Check out some of our most recent and exciting projects.