Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise to all our clients.
Due to continued success in securing major projects throughout the Welsh region and beyond, we’re looking for an exceptional quantity surveyor to join our highly successful team in Wales. Our projects range in value up to £20m+ and are with a variety of high profile clients giving our quantity surveyors a diverse and exciting workload. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded quantity surveyor to:
- Lead and provide effective delivery of quantity surveying services across a wide range of market sectors
- Support senior quantity surveyors on complex multi-faceted projects
- Provide support to our QS team leader as required
To join us you’ll need:
- A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions ie. CIOB or RICS
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Experience of both public and private sector clients
- Experience in working on projects within the Education and Housing sectors
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle
- A general knowledge of current construction contracts such as NEC + JCT
- The ability to effectively chair and minute meetings
- The ability to carry out an Employer’s Agent role
- An understanding of current construction tools and initiatives such as BIM and Project soft-landings
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- A clean driving licence
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support our Swansea office and their own career
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Faithful+Gould have been continually recognised as an industry leader and have won numerous honours such as Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the Building Awards!
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.