Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise to all our clients.
Faithful+Gould is currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor in their Cardiff office, who will also support the wider Wales and West region business.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to play a pivotal role within Cardiff’s commercial team and contribute to its continued growth. This role provides the opportunity to work in a wide range of sectors including, residential, health and education projects, leading a team and operating in a growing, dynamic and sociable office. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative, engaging and adaptable individual to:
- Support business planning and development to grow the successful commercial services delivery team.
- Support sector leads with account management of key clients, developing relationships to support growth.
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across a wide variety of public and private sector clients.
- Provide proactive line management to the commercial services team.
- Lead and oversee delivery on projects, from inception through to completion.
- Be a key manager within the commercial services team in Cardiff, leading a team and reporting into the commercial services lead.
- Be proactive in business development and the win work strategies of the Wales business.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Provide guidance, care, mentoring and development of staff.
- Participating in internal and external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance in compliance with the organisation’s Policies.
- An advocate of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Understanding your client’s project and programme objectives.
To join us you’ll need:
- A relevant construction qualification/quantity surveying BSc and professional membership of a recognised institution, ideally RICS.
- A comprehensive professional network within the South Wales market.
- Strong experience in residential developments, both public and private sectors is preferrable.
- Extensive experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities and be able to deliver this service effectively to our Clients.
- Experience in leading commissions/projects and a commercial team from inception to completion.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Experience in feeding into business plans and strategically taking them forward.
- Confident, engaging, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- A solid knowledge of current construction contracts such as NEC + JCT.
- The ability to effectively chair and minute meetings.
- The ability to carry out an Employer’s Agent role.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook.
- A clean driving licence.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.