Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
Are you ready to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges around the globe? Join our collaborative team where everyone has a voice, and together we deliver excellence for people and the environment.
No two people have the same priorities, which is why we want to hear from you. And why flexible and remote working are central to our culture. So, talk to us about how we can support you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays; how we can make adjustments for you at work, or help your transition back after a career break.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Join us as a Quantity Surveyor, and you'll be part of a team that delivers high-quality expertise, driven not just by success but also by doing what's right. You'll meet colleagues who are as talented as you and ready to support you to 'hit the ground running.' Collaborating with team members, clients, stakeholders, and contractors, you'll also enjoy opportunities to mentor co-workers while progressing your career upwards.
- Cost planning and estimation across the lifecycle of your projects.
- Producing estimates and budget reviews across a wide range of sectors.
- Collect data, analyse, and define the needs of our clients and stakeholders.
- Produce Analysis and Benchmarking Reports that promote value for money and identify & define trends and cost drivers.
- Ensure reported data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Champion innovation within our organisation as well as on the client-side.
- Support/lead tool development that integrates data, dashboards and outputs to represent unit cost analyses.
- Liaise with cross-function teams to develop ideas for continuous improvement.
What you can bring?
- Quantity surveying, construction or relevant work experience.
- Familiar with commercial roles and functions for large capital programmes.
- Preferably experienced in UK private and public sector clients.
- Good communication skills, collaboration and teamwork.
- Good stakeholder management skills and client-facing attributes.
- Data analysis : Good analytical skills and mathematical skills.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Commercial focus : Shaping investment decisions based on value for money of various options.
- Workload planning and prioritisation : Providing regular progress reports to keep stakeholders informed.
- Ability to present and prepare outputs easily understood by others, from senior to junior stakeholders.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.