Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
Be a key member of a team that takes on some of the world's most exciting and prestigious construction challenges. When you start this role with us, you'll find everyone ready to help because we all want you to succeed. It's about recognising everyone's contributions equally while delivering excellence together.
Flexible and remote working are central to our culture, and we want to hear what matters to you. Talk to us about what's important to you, from reduced weeks to buying more leave; how we can make reasonable adjustments for you or support your ambitions outside of work.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
As one of our Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you'll deliver high-quality expertise that positively impacts society, the economy, and the environment. Enjoy opportunities to work closely with colleagues, clients, stakeholders and contractors, leading smaller commissions or assisting on major projects. With us, you'll never have to stop developing. Our portfolio of structured training will help you expand your career in line with your aspirations.
- Preparing bills of quantities/schedules of works.
- Assisting the client in delivering projects to time and budget.
- Creating estimates and contributing to risk profiling projects.
- Working within a team of professionals delivering cost planning and cost reporting in line with the project programme.
- Liaising with key clients, their stakeholders, continually developing client relationships.
- Attending site and doing interim valuations.
- Assistance assessing final accounts.
- Assisting on high-quality reports and bids.
- To be a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould and your profession.
What you can bring?
- Chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent, or in the process of achieving it.
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying or equivalent by experience.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism and team working skills.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of CAD and/or BIM measurement systems and CATO would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of standard methods of measurement, particularly NRM2.
- Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety requirements; relevant training will be provided as part of the induction process.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.