Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for an exceptional Quantity Surveyor with experience in the delivery of highways/infrastructure projects to support our regional Transportation team, servicing rail, highways and infrastructure projects in our London & South East region with a base at our London office. The right individual will possess experience in the delivery of commercial services functions for the design and construction of highways/infrastructure projects using NEC 3/4 contracts.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our regional Transportation team, with the potential for career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of highways projects and to develop the Transportation team in the London & South East. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative, engaging and adaptable individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across the highways and civil engineering sector.
- Provide support to the Transportation team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Support the delivery of projects across our London & South East region working with our wide range of clients.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as Quantity Surveyor for smaller projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Provide support to the commercial team on larger, more complex projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Preparing client cost reports and reporting on change during the life of a project.
- Preparing cost estimates and preparation of pricing documents such as BoQ’s and Activity Schedules.
- Compilation of contract documentation using NEC suite of contracts,
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Understanding of highways construction technology and methodology alongside how this translates into costs.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Actively broaden your experience in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Commercial Services Toolkit.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkin’s service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- An understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions ie. CIOB or RICS.
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4.
- Involvement on commissions/projects as lead QS or NEC PM.
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities and be able to deliver this service effectively to clients.
- Experience using the Method of Measurement for Highways Work.
- Understanding of the principles of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Work.
- Experience of risk management principles for highways projects using QCRA.
- Experience of both public and private sector clients.
- Experience in working on projects within the highways/infrastructure sectors.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook.
- Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Prepared to travel within our South West and Wales Region to support project delivery with the flexibility to deploy to site based or client office based working environments.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses superior communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.