We are looking for a Building Surveyor to aid the growth of our client's Building Consultancy sub-division. This role will involve a mixture of project managed and desk based workload across The Chilterns region with an existing book of internal stakeholders and external clients. Any commercial opportunities the successful candidate can bring to the role will also be highly advantageous to their success.
The client is an industry heavyweight with a reputation for client centric claims management, technical innovation and leadership and due to continuing growth, are looking to add an all-round Building Surveyor to their ranks to cover a designated patch.
In return, the chartered building surveyor can expect a competitive salary, a company car (or car allowance), attractive pension scheme, healthcare benefits, local discounts, career progression and support towards any role relevant qualifications.
- Project manage a range of surveying duties, including SOW, tenders, valuations, validations and insurance reports
- Ensure all work is compliant with UK building regulations
- Be a technical referral point for insurance companies
- Complete Defect Diagnosis reports
- Assist with bids and business development activity
- Ad-hoc duties
Where possible, travel will be localised however, if there is a surge in claims and / or your assistance is required on larger projects then you would be expected to travel further with the possibility of overnight stays.
- Proven broad experience as a successful Building Surveyor
- Commercial awareness – good understanding of business principles and strategy
- Great communicator, both written and verbal
- Awareness of current building regulations
Though in no way essential, insurance experience, chartered surveyors, those with defect focused MCIOB or CEng, agricultural / rural experience or project management qualifications will be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for which we expect a significant number of applications. Please apply today with an updated CV.