Closing Date: 01/10/21
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 + Benefits Package
Position Type: Permanent
• Leading the Estates Team managing a prestigious property portfolio
• Deliver an exciting property investment programme across a Historic Estate
About Our Client
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is a leading co-educational independent boarding school. Its 830 pupils, aged 13-18, are accommodated in 15 boarding houses, taught by over 20 academic departments, and participate in numerous extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, and drama.
The estate totals 120 acres of learning, sporting, living, arts and office facilities and is embedded in the local community - interspersed by the town's residential and retail properties. It includes 56 acres of playing fields, 14 acres of gardens, and a built estate of 80 buildings with an external footprint of 775,000 sq ft, of which 23 are listed (Grades I - II).
The School is undertaking an ambitious Infrastructure Strategy to improve and renew elements of the Estate, including its core boarding provision and several new-build projects. Consequently, this is an appointment of strategic importance at a time in the School's history of significant and dynamic change.
The Estates Director is the senior estates leader responsible for refining the Estates Strategy and implementing the plan to deliver a world-class schooling environment.
Requirements for the role include:
- Strategic Leadership - Set and communicate medium to long term objectives, aligned with the Headmaster's and Trustees' strategic objectives for the School
- Team Leadership - Engage and motivate your team of c. 30 to foster best working practice. Modernise working practices through effective management, training and development
- Project Management - Ensure the successful delivery of capital, refurbishment and maintenance projects on time and budget through effective oversight
- Maintenance - supporting the Estates Building Surveyor to lead Estates into a fully planned and cyclical maintenance approach and transitioning to a new proactive data management system.
- Costs & Budgets - Provide professional management and reporting of all costs associated with your department's budget, including £multi-million capex and investment programmes alongside £multi million operational budget
- Compliance - Ensure compliance at all times with all relevant legislation, regulations and statutory testing, using automated tracking and reminder systems
- Environmental Management - Identify the strategy and initiatives to achieve reduction in energy consumption and carbon footprint in collaboration with the Sustainability Committee.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a senior Property Management professional, Chartered Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Facilities Manager or Project Manager, with a significant interest in pursuing a long term, Estates Management career. You will be carrying out a Senior Leadership role in a similarly large scale operation either in-house, consultancy, property company or developer.
Key skills and experiences will include:
- Commercial Property Management experience
- Clarity of strategic planning allied with strong team leadership
- Technical knowledge of the Built environment
- Proficient Project Management experience with demonstrable success at managing multiple projects at one time and orchestrating complex programmes of works
- Proven experience of managing innovation and change
- Analytical with the ability to scrutinise data, drawings and work systems
- Appreciative of the nuances of grade I and II listed buildings and the complexity of managing their use
If you are interested in the opportunity, please click apply or contact Rebecca Booth at Michael Page for a confidential opening conversation on 0121 230 9377
What's on Offer
c£90,000 dependent on capabilities + Pension + Multiple Benefits and 30 Days annual leave.
Please note that any 3rd party CVs or direct applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPRR0820213564397Z
How to apply
Email your application via the 'Apply' button.