Chartered Building Surveyor responsible for managing building surveying commissions and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works.
Flexible working offered as well as ongoing training and development with a diverse working culture you can be part of a company shaping the future of the built environment.
- Managing building surveying commissions, including defects and condition surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from feasibility through to design, specification writing, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews; technical due diligence experience beneficial;
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with business procedures;
- Client Management throughout the project life cycle;
- Monitoring of construction projects;
- Planning service delivery
The ideal candidate:
- Ideally MRICS or MCIOB. If you are APC enrolled and in your final year your application will also be considered with the relevant experience below;
- Sound post qualification Building Surveying experience
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of delivery of a full range of building surveying tasks
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Thorough knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator and Employer’s Agent
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Sound ICT Skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead teams
- Career development and full training scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus option to purchase additional days
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working arrangements.
Please apply for this role for further discussion and full list of benefits.