Beach Baker are delighted to be retained exclusively by a privately-owned property investment and asset management company located in the Westcountry. With stunning offices in Cheltenham, our client, is looking to expand their team with an appointment of a Senior Property & Asset Manager.
Following a period of sustained growth, we are looking for a Chartered Surveyor (RICS-accredited) property and asset management surveyor with at least 5 years PQE (post qualified experience) to assist the established property and facilities management team.
Working closely with the Head of Estates and Asset Management, the successful candidate will proactively look after the portfolio of mainly office, industrial, some residential properties and development land and pipeline. You will be guaranteed interesting work, a high level of autonomy, and nationwide UK travel as necessary.
- Carrying out duties relating to asset management including new leases, lease re-gears and renewals, rent reviews, managing service charge budgets and small works project management.
- Ensure day-to-day property management runs smoothly, in liaison with a close-knit team of property and centre managers, facilities, accounts and admin staff.
- Build positive relationships with tenants with a view to meeting their needs and enhancing the service they receive and to uphold the key mantra of priorities - Revenue, Retention and Reputation.
- Initiate cost reductions and find opportunities to add value.
- Liaise with the finance team to optimise the flow of data between the finance and property departments onto management software.
- Embrace new and innovative property marketing ideas and be passionate about finding new ways to attract new tenants in liaison with agents and PR consultants.
- Oversee website contents to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is displayed
- Negotiate heads of terms with confidence, taking responsibility for implementing new leases from start to completion, including dilapidations settlements at expiry.
- Be a critical team player, working with the Development Director, in designing, building, letting and managing new developments.
- Be first point of contact for consultants and suppliers such as project managers, architects, solicitors, building surveyors, valuers, insurance brokers, contractors, and agents.
- Ensure all required property-related documents are up to date to enable a smooth sales process at short notice.
- Put in place refurbishment project works as necessary to maintain required CAPEX levels.
- Ensure periodic insurance revaluations are carried out and insurance claims made as necessary
- A friendly, approachable team player with the ability to delegate appropriately.
- An entrepreneurial and initiative led approach.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Diligent and organised approach to work and ability to multi-task and think on your feet.
- Able to manage multiple relationships and tasks simultaneously, quickly and efficiently.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience in working with internal and external teams.
- Good understanding of financial appraisals, landlord and tenant law, property management, business rates, health and safety requirements, RICS service charge codes and interpreting building survey reports.
- Hands on experience of Propman or similar property management packages and apps.
- Degree level and RICS qualification is essential.
Contact & Salary Details
- £55,000 - £75,000 depending on experience
- Hours 37.5 hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, including 1hr lunch break
- Flexible/home working considered if required
- Contributory pension scheme
- On-site parking
- Team events and activities.
- HR perks/offers
- References essential.
The successful candidate will be RICS qualified with 5+ PQE. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com in the first instance. No third party applications, introductions, or enquiries will be recognised and forwarded to Beach Baker for review.