Project Quantity Surveyor
Based on site, reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the provision of commercial, contractual and financial management services to a specific project and the wider business. You will be required to meet targets and objectives, so cash performance is maximised, and company profits are achieved. You will need to achieve this within existing company systems and processes and employ a diligent approach to risk management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provision of guidance and advice on valuation of work in progress and future projections.
- Negotiating with clients' representatives, sub-contractors and other consultants
- Advise on contractual implications of intended courses of action
- When appointed, undertake the integrated role of procurement manager on a project
- Provide contractual and commercial support to work winning and procurement.
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Preparation of client valuations at regular intervals and agreement thereof.
- Ensure subcontracts are executed prior to commencement on site.
- Preparation of monthly contract review reports
- Preparation of monthly management accounts information
- Preparation of contractual and commercial input into Project Business Plan
- Identify change and implement change control process and agreement
- Ensure that contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement
- Adopt appropriate measures for management of risk
- Form an integral part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for project delivery and client service
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise, and which could affect the business/project.
- The flexible deployment of staff to provide an effective commercial service for the project.
- The recruitment, training, development, reviewing and retention of staff.
- Identifying and communicating development and training needs of staff.
- Providing staff with support and guidance on their job responsibilities.
- Promote Health and Safety on site.
- Ensure Health and safety is promoted throughout the procurement process.
- Take an active role in ensuring Health and Safety is effectively managed on the project.
- Any other reasonable requests commensurate with role and position in the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role for 5 years or more
- Solid IT skills
- Contributes to the team and is supportive and concerned about others and the team as a whole
- Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues
- Gains colleagues and customers respect for his/her views
- Is responsive to customer’s needs
- Seeks out ways to add value to customer’s business
- Strives for achievement of business goals
- Always puts safety first
- Demonstrates loyalty, honesty and commitment
- Presents a professional image and promotes the brand
- Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working with enthusiasm
- Shows initiative in resolving problems
- Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes
- Delivers a reliable and timely output of work to meet requirements
- Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives
- Inspires, challenges and motivates others
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, together with an attractive benefits package including, 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), company pension, life cover, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, free parking.
So, what’s next?
If you feel you have the qualities and relevant qualifications, please send you your CV and covering letter to HelenaKirkpatrick@renaker.com
Please note the position will start no sooner than January 2022
The closing date for applications is October 31st, 2021