Experienced Quantity Surveyor? Looking to work for a progressive and supportive firm? Experienced in a consultancy construction role previous? Then apply below!
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work on projects and work that will span across a diverse range of client areas including residential, commercial, highways, rail, claims and dispute resolutions.
You will have an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within their strong training scheme and work alongside established industry professionals.
There is a competitive salary on offer, with great benefits including a pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
The right Quantity Surveyor will be:
- Experienced in the roles of Quantity Surveyor and ideally from a consultancy background
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- MRICS status or working towards achieving MRICS
- Confident at client meetings
- Ambitious and keen to develop
- A team player and keen to work closely with clients and colleagues
- Excellent at communicating and managing workload
- Excellent at problem-solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- Ideally experienced in contracts other than a JCT (though this is not essential)
- Have strong technical knowledge of construction
The role of the Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Understanding of construction contracts
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing, regulating, and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Administering JCT construction contracts and development agreements, including chairing meetings
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities