A great opportunity to join a leading Housing Association with long term career potential.
A leading Housing Association and Developer with a large Housing Stock throughout London and the SE.
The duties of the role will include:
- Work closely and flexibly with other staff in delivering high quality maintenance service to customers through the provision of professional technical advice, project and contractor management.
- Provide regular and professional communication and liaison with customers and key stakeholders in relation to works instructed and managed by the service.
- To take full responsibility and manage all assigned cases from start-to-finish in a professional and efficient manner whilst ensuring that appropriate stakeholders and appropriate databases are updated regularly.
- Ensure budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required.
- Manage a range of contractors, ensuring they deliver in accordance with their contract and KPI's.
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders, such as Local Authorities and suppliers, that builds trust and confidence in the Service Delivery Team.
- To carry out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solution ensuring all current and applicable regulations are complied with.
- Provide technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation, including the day-to-day responsive repair service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage contractors.
- To assist in the delivery of specialist work programmes, ensuring works are to standard, contractor performance is in line with KPI's and value for money is achieved.
- To attend, and give evidence in court in cases where building regulations have been breached and as expert witnesses on building defects.
- To form part of the Group's emergency out of hours rota, which is a compulsory part of this role and will require working evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context.
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload, with projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- In depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Experience preparing and delivering reports and technical assessments.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
As well as a competitive annual salary of 50,000, the successful candidate will have full access to a competitive benefits package.