Graduate Quantity Surveyor Job Description
Job Title: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40k + per annum plus pension and expenses
Reporting to: Managing Director
BSPS are seeking a graduate Quantity Surveyor to join the team. The chosen candidate will be working on decoration and restoration, refurbishment and fit out projects in the commercial, education, industrial, residential, and retail sectors ranging in size from £5k to £5m.
The role will encompass but not be limited to the following:
- Budgeting and targeting costs on project appointment
- Procurement, reviewing and appointing subcontractors
- Cost management of projects such as identifying variations and costing, submitting valuations and final accounts, reviewing and certifying sub-contractor accounts as well as reviewing costs/performance and targets of site operatives etc.
BSPS are a family-run main contractor based in London with decades of industry experience specialising in decoration and restoration, refurbishment, and fit out.
BSPS differ from most main contractors in that we employ most of our tradespeople directly, and our suppliers and subcontractors are our trusted long-term partners. This gives BSPS a unique capability of being able to closely control projects, whilst offering competitive value with a higher margin.
The newly refurbished office with a River Thames view is a short walk from Wandsworth Town train station or East Putney tube.
BSPS’ portfolio of completed projects can be found here:
- Solid negotiator
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to deadlines
- An excellent understanding of specifications, project costs, labour, material and subcontractor costs
- Good people person happy to work with our clients and supply chain in a professional, positive and approachable manner